24 December 2010

emceeing experience

Some years ago, I already made up my mind about crowds-they offered a feast of solitude and anonymity. Those strange flashes of empathy with strangers is invariably occurred; quick eye contact, an exchanged look, a nod, a few word of conversation opener; these were what it's like to be in crowd, it feel safe, in anonymous street, but when in public, it is totally not.

I can't recall the last time I went to speak on the public. It feels like forever. Furthermore, I was white-collar in school uniform, a complete outsider from all of those whose name in hierarchy. Be it the prefect, the librarian, the musolla enforcer, the hostel reps, I was none of them. The non-collar in uniform has a name. I’m in no important part to be speaking in front.

The white collar group even has its name called Golgiz, and it was so childish back then. We skipped the usrah, we do our things, we word-backlash those in color shirt. Anyway, if it is about speaking in public it closely related on how frequently you'd be, the more frequent to be speaking, the better speaker you are.

Of all those, I developed stage fright. Really, I’d be the last man on the earth to be speaking in public. When in front, physical of mine preposterously chilly, at least it felt like cold, pulling the other leg to be close to one another, tongue hanging out, putting the mike close to mouth, with the famous and relaxing elbow pose, delivering the words. But the inside is trembling, like a giant butterfly is in the stomach.

Oh. My bad.

*but it is somehow cool getting a chance to say "tafaddhal" instead of "please welcome...” for inviting the speaker.


No comments: